Every device that’s being used can be identified these days due to some important techniques used by the makers of the devices or the provider of the network services. This technique involves the use of an address in the form of a set of numbers with periods in between. These numbers are called the Internet Protocol address or the IP address in short.
These addresses can enable a device that’s connected to any network to be tracked down and the devices include printers, computers, mobile devices and also routers and these addresses are provided by the Internet Service Provider, the ISP, or the person who manufactures your device. These addresses are assigned to all the addresses that are connected to an IP/TCP network.
How to Reset 192.168.1.254 Router Username and Password?
Today let’s find out how to reset the password and the username in a 192.168.1.254 wireless router.
Also Read: Router Troubleshooting Problems
This 192.168.1.254 is an IP address and it’s a private one and it is reserved for private networks. These addresses help one to identify a device and locate its address and its function is so simple and easy to use. Every network should have a private IP address to prevent conflicts. These addresses are used by many manufacturers of routers and devices and some of the famous companies that use this address are listed below:
- some 3Com OfficeConnect routers
- Netopia / Cayman Internet gateways
- Billion ADSL routers
- Linksys SRW2024 managed switches
- Westell modems for Bellsouth DSL Internet service in the U.S.
They use these as their default addresses and these addresses usually have the same passwords and usernames to login while setting up the router, but once logged in, you can set your own password. But the problem arises with remembering the password. Or sometimes other problems might arise that might force you to reset your password.
Setting up 192.168.1.254 Username and password:
Before finding out how to reset the password and username with 192.168.1.254, one has to know how to set it up. Follow the below steps to do so:
- First, ensure that all the connections to your router are made properly, that is, from your computer to your router maybe by a wired Ethernet cable or a wireless mode. Then, on your computer, go to your web browser and search for this address by typing it. You’ll be taken to their login page. The password and username are same here and once inside, you can do the setup because you’ll be guided throughout.
- Start the router over and in the settings, the router’s model is the SSID name. Give a password here to prevent problems and thus all that’s to be done here is done. Reboot your router.
- Then enable a wireless card and search for signals that have the name of your SSID in order to connect to the internet. When you find your name, double-click on it and enter the password and wait for it to connect. After a while, you’ll be connected to the internet.
Now that you’ve learned to set it up, let’s move on.
Steps to Reset 192.168.1.254 Username and Password:
To reset the Username and password in the 192.168.1.254 router, do the following:
- There’s a button on your router that may be placed anywhere based on the router that you use. Use a needle or toothpick and press and hold it. It’s the reset button. Now you have done a factory reset.
- You have to now follow the same path done while setting up the router and you can give a new password and username as convenient.
I hope you like this article on how to reset your 192.168.1.254 router username and password, to share your opinion on this article, visit our Facebook page.